2019 IJP German-Central Eastern European Bursary for Journalists
Deadline: July 15, 2019.
The German non-profit organization IJP (International Journalists’ Programmes) would like to announce its second special fellowship for journalists interested in reporting in the field of climate and energy.
The bursary offers this opportunity for up to ten journalists from Germany, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia and Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania with a passion for climate and energy topics.
Journalists, who are granted the climate & energy bursary, will receive a deeper and more detailed insight into the field and get the opportunity to work and specialize topically and internationally alike. They are also welcome to pursue a transnational research on a common topic during their fellowship.
1. The application is open to any journalist from Germany, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia and Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.
2. Journalist working for any print, radio, online or TV media (employed or freelancer).
3. Fluency in German or one of the other countries’ official languages is not expected, though helpful for successful application. At least workable knowledge of English is essential.
Each fellow will receive a stipend of 3.800 Euro to help cover travel costs, accommodation and personal expenses during his or her stay. The participant must cover any additional costs.
Applications should include:
• CV, incl. photograph
• letter of recommendation by an editor or supervisor, supporting the application
• four written samples of work (TV and radio journalists are asked to send a comprehensive list of contributions).
• scholars from Germany should select three media and countries they would like to stay and journalists from the other countries should come up with at least three possible host media in Germany they would be interested being located at.
Address of application
Postfach 31 07 46
Digital applications are preferred and kindly requested in one pdf document.