2019 ICFJ/Connectas Fellowship for Investigative Journalists from Latin America and the Caribbean
Deadline: August 11, 2019.
Under the Investigative Reporting Initiative in the Americas (IRIA) project, ICFJ, in partnership with Connectas, invites experienced investigative journalists to apply for the third round of the ICFJ/Connectas Fellowship. IRIA aims to encourage and strengthen independent and quality journalism in the region by offering support to investigative journalists since 2013. Click here to read some of the quality investigations that ICFJ and Connectas have helped journalists produce since the inception of IRIA.
1. At this time, the Fellowship is open to journalists working in the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Dominica, Ecuador, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Santa Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
2. The ICFJ/Connectas Fellowship is designed for more experienced investigative journalists
If you are selected you will
- Receive a stipend of $3,000 for the entire duration of the Fellowship;
- Work on one in-depth reporting project related to an issue of public interest, such as human rights, corruption or violence;
- Have the opportunity to be connected to an ICFJ/Connectas mentor;
- Have the opportunity to receive advice about security protocols in high-risk cases;
- Be required to provide 12 hours of their services as part of their fellowship to support other Connectas Hub members working on investigations;
- After completion of Fellowship, you will become a member of the Connectas Hubcommunity;
- Cooperate with the re-publication and distribution terms of the project.
Submit a complete application here
Currently live in one of the target countries listed above
Have a minimum of three (3) years of investigative experience or be a Connectas Hub member
Provide a minimum of three (3) in-depth investigative stories published within the last two (2) years
Submit a detailed budget, investigation worksheet, and timeline
It is not a requirement to be a member of the Connectas Hub but applications from Connectas Hub members are encouraged