2019 IberusTalent Predoctoral Fellowship Programme
Deadline: January 31, 2019.
Campus of International Excellence (CEI) Campus Iberus is the strategic alliance of four Spanish Universities from North-Eastern Spain located at the Ebro river valley – Universidad de la Rioja, Universidad Pública de Navarra, Universidad de Zaragoza and Universitat de Lleida. Campus Iberus strategy is based on the aggregation of research capacities, facilitating the interaction and cooperation of researchers from its four universities. Up to date, in the Agrofood and Nutrition sector and Technologies for Health, Campus Iberus has created several interregional clusters bringing together research, industry, public administration and other key actors in order to face joint research challenges with an approach based on scientific leadership and excellence.
1. Early Stage researcher from all nationalities can take part in IberusTalent programme if the meet the following requirements (according to admission conditions of Marie Slodowska Curie Actions
2. Comply with the MSCA mobility rule: The candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to 31/01/2019.
3. ESR eligibility criteria: Early-stage researchers (ESR) shall at the time of recruitment be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience*) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
4. Hold a degree from another country in the EHEA which grants access to a Master’s degree and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master’s level,
5. Hold of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master’s degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded.
Step 1: Publication of the call
The selection process starts with the announcement of the call.
Online application is open throughout the duration of the call (about 2 months). The application form will close on January the 31th, 2019, at 14:00 CET .
Please note that the entire application process is online, and no paperwork will be allowed via other means of communication, such as mail or email.
Before you start the application process, please make sure to check all the research lines proposed, and their distribution. Make a note of the reference of your chosen research project, as it will be needed in the online application form.
Applicants should submit a complete application: applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Step 2: Preparing the application
The candidates should prepare the following documentation, required for upload (single zip file) in the on-line application form. All documents must be provided in ENGLISH.
- A scanned copy of a valid passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- A scanned copy of the certificates of the higher education qualifications (previous Bachelor and official University Master* degree or equivalent. See Section: Elegibility Criteria, point 3)
- A scanned copy of all higher education academic transcripts
- A motivation letter (maximum length of 3 pages in Arial 11)
- Three reference letters
- If higher education qualification was issued by a non-EHEA country, an official letter from the qualification-issuing body stating that that qualification grants access to doctoral studies in that country is required
The successful candidates will be offered the following:
- Full time contract (up to 36 months, co-funded by MSCA COFUND grant) in the university promoting the position
Candidates will receive a gross annual salary of approximately 22.000-26.000 €*
Upon signing the contract, the fellows will automatically be registered under the general regime of the Spanish Social Security System, which stipulates the following benefits:
- Healthcare: covers hospitalization at home, in a health centre or a hospital
- Sickness cash benefits: starts from the 4th day (employer pays days 4-15 (60% of salary), social security system pays days 15-365 (75% of salary), which can be extended up to 180 days)
- Maternity/paternity leave: 16 weeks (maternity) or 4 weeks (paternity). Possibility of reduction of working hours for 12 months, after the 16 weeks of maternity leave provided by social security. The reduction of working hours can also be compacted, translating into a 4 weeks break, that can be added to the 16 weeks of maternity leave
- Unemployment benefits: for a 3 year contact, the fellow will have the right to 12 months of unemployment, and receive an average of 65% of its salary per month
- Vacation: 22 working days per year, plus 3 days of personal days off