2019 Hungarian Government Scholarship
Deadline: February 28, 2019.
The 2019/2020 Hungarian Government Scholarship application is open.
The aim of the programme is to train specialists of plant protection who are able to fulfil directional, managing, organizing, consulting, regulating and marketing tasks, based on their wide theoretical knowledge.
Such experts are able to detect the organisms, which are threatening plants (pathogens, pests, weeds) and they are acquainted with their biology and reproduction, and also with the effects and mechanism of pesticides concerning even the environment and humane hygiene. They can prevent the harms and
damages caused by the above-mentioned organisms and they are applying the procedures of ecological and integrated plant protection in order to reduce the pesticide-load of the environment. In their work they are always attentive to the safety of food, processors, consumers and the environment.
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- MSc in Plant Protection (University of Pannonia)
- MSc in Rural Development and Agribusiness (Szent István University)
- MSc in Agricultural Biotechnology (Szent István University)
1. Applicants intending to join a master programme should hold undergraduate degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) in relevant field of science or related area. Degree qualifications are assessed individually in accordance with the diploma (Degree Certificate) and its attachments, or with the Report of Study.
2. Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo*, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes.
- dormitory accommodation.
- subsistence costs.
- health insurance.
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by e-mail consisting of:
• Application form duly completed
• A recent curriculum vitae
• A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
• A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
• Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
• A letter of recommendation
• Statement of motivation
• Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
• Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
Application are sent by e-mail to REU-Scholarship@fao.org
All submitted documents must be in English. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is