2019 Hivos African Crossroads Program for Young Africans
Deadline: June 23, 2019.
This year we will explore the diversity of African cities in all its multi-sensory aspects. How do the African cities of today and tomorrow sound, taste, feel and move, and how do these cities sense us in return?
African Crossroads is a participant-driven event, where you can present, organize a workshop, show an artwork, display an innovation, do a performance or share other ideas! Please note that the main language of the event will be English. We can accommodate those who are more comfortable presenting in French through translation.
This year’s edition of African Crossroads will gather 150 participants for four days in Mombasa, Kenya to connect, collaborate, and explore the diversity of African cities in all its multi-sensory aspects. How do we sense the African cities of today and tomorrow? How do these cities sound, taste, feel, and move, and how do they sense us in return? African Crossroads 2019 will be a four-day event composed of three days of round tables, workshops, artworks, product and innovation displays, and concluding with an open day during which the community will share its reflections with the public.
1. Participants living or working in Africa.
2. Interested in exploring cutting-edge trends in art, technology, design, and entrepreneurship coming out of the continent.
3. Participants who would like to join a multidisciplinary community of African thinkers and doers.
1) Submission of application through online form by June 23, 2019 by 5pm (EST)
2) Applicant selection is made by a curatorial board between June 24 and July 15, 2019
3) Selected candidates are notified by July 19, 2019