2019 HER Voice Fund to Influence Policy In Your Country
Deadline: November 30, 2018.
HER Voice is the result of a collaborative agenda between two key Global Fund Initiatives – the Community, Rights and Gender Strategic Initiative and HER (HIV Epidemic Response) Initiative. While the former is aimed at increasing civil society and community groups’ engagement in national policies and programs supported by the Global Fund, HER Initiative is an effort to reduce the number of new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women, with the technical and financial support from the private sector in 13 countries of sub-Saharan Africa. HER Voice believes that to respond adequately to the needs of adolescent girls and young women, their voices and ideas must be heard. They must have the opportunity to shape policies and programs that affect them.
HER Voice is managed jointly by Southern Africa AIDS Trust (SAT) and Eastern Africa National Networks of AIDS Services Organisations (EANNASO).
HER Voice Fund is giving out grants amounting to USD 2000 for activities meant to influence policy processes. The funds are to address the financial access barriers limiting community based organisations (CBOs) working on AGYW issues to fully participate in various stages of Global Fund processes in the 13 target countries. Relevant processes include Global Fund country dialogues across the various stages of the cycle (concept note development, grant-making, grant implementation and grant monitoring); and meaningful participation in related processes including but not limited to: HIV national strategic plans, frameworks, policies, guidelines- development and reviews and their accompanying or related monitoring and evaluation and operational plans; as well as strategies, policies and guidelines related to adolescent health and their well-being.
To be eligible to HER Voice funding, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be based in one of the 13 countries listed in the section eligible countries.
- Be a registered or unregistered group, network or community-based organization of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) or young people; or a community-based organization implementing programs for AGYW and/or youth.
- Be working on or willing to engage in national policy discussions, program design and monitoring processes relevant for Global Fund supported programs; and with focus on adolescent health, HIV prevention and treatment, sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and gender-based violence (GBV).
- Demonstrate community work experience and willingness to mobilize peer groups.
Interested applicants from the following countries are eligible to apply to HER Voice:
- South Africa
For more information contact:
- Glory Chagama – [email protected]
- Getrude Dendere – [email protected]