2019 Arts Network Asia (ANA) Grants scheme for projects
Deadline: January 15, 2019.
Arts Network Asia (ANA) would like to invite artists, cultural workers, arts activists, and arts communities in Asia to apply for the ANA 2019 Grants scheme for projects that must end by 30 June 2019.
ANA supports projects that are initiated and implemented in Asia, in collaboration with Asian artists residing in Asia. These projects should engage with Asian arts, cultural, media or activist communities; and in particular projects that maintain a focus on Southeast Asia will be supported. ANA will consider projects that encourage progressive exchanges and collaborations between and among various cultures and communities within Asia. ANA will also emphasise projects by the peer communities that multiply effects and form a sustainable network to encourage participation from a larger community of artists, cultural workers and arts organisations. ANA promotes collaborations and exchanges with diverse cultures across borders in Asia and would look into the potential of local-regional-global complementation.
1. Application open to artists, cultural workers, arts activists, and arts communities in Asia.
2. Follow-up proposals on past projects supported by ANA can also be accommodated.
3. Granted Projects must be completed by 30 June 2019. This includes the full submission of reports to ANA.
ANA grants may be up to a maximum of US$10,000 for each project, and is open to supporting existing or new projects.
ANA includes the following as its criteria for selection:
(1) Projects that focus on collaborations within Asia
(2) Independent and process-oriented arts projects, rather than product-orientated projects
(3) Projects in diverse arts disciplines (e.g. performing arts, visual arts, film/video/new media, literature, critical discourse, arts management)
(4) Individual phase (completed with reports by 30 June 2019) of a larger project that extends beyond ANA’s proposed date of completion
(5) Projects submitted by individuals who have a ready network to activate, enable and transform their communities
(6) Artistic merit of the project or its positive impact on larger communities
(7) Projects that empower and capacity-build the arts communities in Asia
(8) Continuity and sustainability of projects
(9) Visibility of the project e.g. physical events or project website, and
(10) Presence of other sources of funding.
Applications are accepted through an online form.
A FINAL maximum 6-A4 page project proposal, saved in one single PDF file, MUST be submitted via the ANA website (www.artsnetworkasia.org) by 15 January 2019. The project proposal should include information on the content, philosophy and intention of the project, brief bio/profile of participants, details of project’s budget and communication plan. An applicant is only allowed to submit ONE application.