2019 Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge for Deep Tech Entrepreneurs
Deadline: September 13, 2019.
The Hello Tomorrow Global Challenge is a worldwide renowned science & technology startup competition designed specifically to address the needs of deep tech entrepreneurs across several different industries and technologies. The Challenge was created in 2013 by deep tech entrepreneur Xavier Duportet and Arnaud De La Tour, at the time both PhD students, who realised that the resources needed to propel emerging technologies were different from those of traditional web and mobile innovations.
The Challenge gives scientists and deep tech entrepreneurs around the globe a platform for their research and projects, providing equity-free prize money as well as other funding opportunities, global visibility and connections with key players in the deep tech innovation network.
There are 14 tracks this year:
Medical biotech, Digital Health & Medical devices, Drug discovery, Food & Agriculture, Industrial Biotech, Energy, Environment, Advanced computing & AI, Cybersecurity & Communication, Industry 4.0, Smart City, Mobility, Aeronautics, New Space.
You are eligible if:
1. Your activity is based on a new technology or an innovative application of an existing technology.
2. You have a proof of concept, a prototype, a scientific validation of your claim, or are in the process of producing one.
3. Your team is made up of two persons or more. Your project is not part of a larger company.
4. Your project/startup is in early-stage (up to series A)
5. You foresee an economically viable application on the market within 15 years.
6. Your project has the potential to have a strong impact on the industry you target, and on society or the environment in general.
7. All previous Global Challenge participants are welcome to reapply as long as they have not been a Grand Winner or Track Winner.
1. The Top deep tech startups (around 500) are selected by Hello Tomorrow and invited to the Hello Tomorrow Summit to interact with sector-specific and invite-only investors, top executives, accelerators and fellow founders.
2. They are also invited to the Investor & Business Day, for one-on-one meetings with 200+ top-tier VCs and 100+ international corporates, which will take place the day before the Summit.
3. 80 finalists (around 6 finalists per track) will have the opportunity to pitch in front of a select audience of 400 people, competing for the €10k prize per track.
4. The grand winner, selected among the track winners, will be awarded €100k (€10k + €90k).