2019 Heinrich Böll-Stiftung Regional Summer School for MENA Region
Deadline: June 8, 2019.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, represented through its offices in Palestine, Lebanon, Tunisia and Morocco, welcomes applicants from Arab countries in the Middle East and North Africa to apply for the 7th Regional Summer School, that will take place between July 29 – August 4, 2019, in Amman, Jordan.
1. They encourage active change makers in civil society, who are engaged in grassroots initiatives related to sustainable urban development as well as researchers to apply for the Summer School.
2. They support candidates with diverse backgrounds, including environmental studies, architecture and urban studies, the arts, social and political sciences and gender studies etc.
3. Candidates must be between the ages of 23 and 35
4. Reside in and/or hold the nationality of one of the following countries: Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Iraq or Syria.
Travel and accommodation costs of the participants will be covered by the respective Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung office.
In order to be considered for the Regional Summer School 2019, please submit the following documents:
- A filled out application form;
- An updated CV;
- A short paper (2 pages maximum) focusing on the topic of the Summer School and showing the applicant’s knowledge as well as their ability to work independently and creatively. To this end, the applicant should choose a topic from within the subject area and point out its relevance to their local or national context, e.g. by introducing an exemplary project, a current debate etc. This could be written in a form of an essay or a short academic paper;
- A letter of motivation with a description of your experience and knowledge related to sustainable urban development and civic engagement. Please do not forget to tell us your interest and motivation in attending the summer school and think about how the summer school could benefit you and how you could contribute to the program.