2019 Health Foundation Internship Programme
Deadline: September 2, 2019.
Health Foundation are pleased to be recruiting three interns to join our internship programme for 2019/2020. This programme offers an exciting opportunity for people who are enthusiastic about public policy or health service design, delivery and improvement, funded research or analysis and who want to learn more, to join the Health Foundation for nine months.
The Health Foundation is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive workplace and we are keen to encourage and welcome applications from candidates from a wide range of backgrounds.
1. Intern – Healthy Lives Analyst 149-19
This nine months internship will suit recent graduates with an analytical or quantitative element to their degree who would like to apply analytical tools in a policy environment and are looking to build a career in health/public policy. The role provides the opportunity to work on a range of projects utilising existing data sources and wider evidence to better understand the health of the population, health inequalities and the importance of the social determinants of health.To find out more read the job description.
2. Intern – Healthy Lives 153-19
This nine month internship will suit recent graduates who are looking to build a career in health/public policy or health service design and delivery. Working on research and outputs, project management and stakeholder engagement you will develop an in depth understanding of how policy is developed and implemented. To find out more read the job description.
3. Intern – Research 150-19
This nine month internship will suit recent graduates and/or those looking to build a career in research, health/public policy or health service design and delivery. You will develop an in-depth understanding of how funded research can bring about change in public policy and health and social care practice and how research findings can be communicated in ways that lead to lasting impact. To find out more read the job description.
1. With career mentoring to support you in identifying and maximising your future career choices and opportunities within health/public policy or health care delivery, you will be able to use the skills developed at the Health Foundation to gain employment in policy roles in a wide range of organisations including national and local government, NHS England, the New Local Government Network and consultancies.
2. You will benefit from tailored development opportunities, on the job experience and skills development as an outcome of your project work at the Foundation.
3. These nine month internships will suit recent graduates who are looking to build a career in health/public policy or health service design and delivery.
4. You will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm, curiosity and a flexible approach to your work.
5. Their successful candidates will, along with evidence of relatable experience such as research, analysis and project delivery, be able to demonstrate initiative, an eagerness to learn and a desire to grasp the opportunities offered to them.
1. To apply for this role please submit your CV and supporting statement via their careers page.
2. Please clearly state on your supporting statement which of our roles you are applying for using the reference number above.