2019 HBS Africa Business Club New Venture Competition
Deadline: November 30, 2018.
As part of the 21st Africa Business Conference, the Africa Business Club will be hosting the New Venture Competition on February 15th, 2019. The New Venture Competition aims to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today. The Africa Business Conference is happy to announce Sundial Brands as a sponsor of this year’s New Venture Competition. As part of this commitment, Sundial Brands will offer a $5,000 prize for a new venture which most closely reflects the mission of Sundial’s Community Commerce business model.
The competition is open to all African entrepreneurs with businesses focused on shaping Africa’s future. Entrepreneurs who offer unique and homegrown solutions to local problems and who meet the following eligibility criteria are highly encouraged to apply:
- Early Stage Startups (for profit or not-for-profit)
- Africa-focused with a majority or all of its operations in Africa
- Less than 50 employees
- Less than 5 years of operations
- Raised less $250,000 in funding to date
1. 10 finalists will be invited to pitch their business in front of approximately 700 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges. The competition winner and runner-up will be awarded cash prizes of $10,000 and $5,000, respectively.
2. The top 20 shortlisted ventures will also have the opportunity to showcase their companies at the Startup Fair to network and and interact with distinguished panelists and conference attendees.
1. Please download the application form HERE, enter your company’s details, and save the completed form.
2. Upon completion, send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All applications must be received by 5pm EST on November 30th, 2018.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with any questions