2019 Google Conference and Travel Scholarships for North America and India
Deadline: February 10, 2019.
At Google, they believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, networking with peers, and a career path in technology. To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Conference and Travel Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
Scholarships are available in North America for all traditionally underrepresented groups in technology and business (including, but not limited to: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, persons with disabilities, women and veterans).
In order to apply for the North America Google Conference & Travel Scholarship, you must fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a strong academic and/or professional background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Be able to attend the core day(s) of one of the conferences
- Persons who are (1) residents of North America and US Territories, (2) studying or working in North America, or (3) will be in North America at the time of the conference
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
ELIGIBILITY FOR INDIA
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend a conference in India, applicants must:
- Be a student enrolled with a recognized university in India who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Have a paper accepted at a top-tier top-tier computer science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas. The paper must be accepted for full publication and preferably full oral presentation. As an indicator, we have recently approved travel scholarships for CVPR, NIPS, CHI, STOC, PLDI, COLT, ICML, CIKM, KDD, ICCV, EMNLP, ACL, Interspeech and FSE.
- Be the primary author of the accepted paper.
- Have a paper accepted for oral presentation in the main conference program. Some conferences may have different presentation guidelines in which case the equivalent of a conventional full oral presentation must be considered. Workshop papers will not be approved for travel scholarships.
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients:
- Free conference registration
- North America: Up to 1,000 USD reimbursement to retroactively be used toward airfare and accommodation costs (will be awarded after the conference)
- India : An award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and other related expenses.