2019 Google for Education Certified Innovator Program
Deadline: August 2, 2019.
Become a Certified Innovator and join a community of more than 1,700 passionate educators in over 50 countries who are excited to grow professionally, advocate for innovative technologies and drive school transformation.
The program kicks off with an in-person three day Innovation Academy focused on helping new participants define, design and eventually launch a transformative project. After the Academy, Innovators stay engaged through mentorship, ongoing learning and development trainings, and special opportunities from Google to advocate for transformative technologies and practices.
They are looking for passionate, innovative K-12 teachers and school leaders who are Google for Education Level 2 Certified and who are driven to solve a challenge in the coming year.
1. You’ll take your initial interviews about the challenge at your school or district and your challenge video and bring it to the Google for Education Certified Innovator Academy.
2. At the Academy, you’ll work with a small team and a coach from the innovator community.
3. Your coach will support you before, during, and after the Academy.
4. You’ll experience hands-on design thinking sprints, work through ideation and brainstorming, prototyping, validating and testing your idea, and eventually launch your solution.
5. You’ll be paired 1:1 with a mentor from the Innovator community and work throughout the year to iterate and get support to make your project come alive.
1. Find a three-day academy in your region that you are able to attend if accepted.
3. Identify a challenge in your classroom or school you’d like to try to solve. Interview a few students or teachers affected by the challenge, and film a 60-second video about that challenge and why you want to solve it. Here are example videos.
4. Apply before the respective deadline for the academy you hope to attend