2019 Goethe-Institut Nigeria Workshop for children´s Book illustrators and authors
Deadline: February 28, 2019.
To foster the development of children’s literature in Nigeria, Goethe-Institut Nigeria is organising a workshop for 6 children´s storybook authors and 6 illustrators from 17 to 21 March 2019 in Lagos, Nigeria. Ute Krause, one of Germany´s best-known children´s book author and illustrator, alongside Nigerian illustrator Abdulkareem Baba Aminu, will conduct the workshop. The project aims to promote and support the development of authentic children’s literature that reflects the cultural and social reality in Nigeria.
1. If you are a writer of children’s books working on a book project, kindly send a short synopsis of your work with some information about yourself (not longer than 1-2 A4 pages) in pdf.
2. Interested illustrators or graphic designers should have a background in art/graphic design/illustration and an excellent knowledge of the basics of illustration (facial expressions, movement, perspective, style).
3. Illustrators should provide a short bio (ca. 60 -100 words) and a portfolio of their artwork with no more than five works in pdf. Participants will be expected to work with paper/ink and paint.
4. Interested authors and illustrators can apply individually or as a team. Individual authors and illustrators will be paired together as a team during the workshop.
5. The language of communication during the workshop is English. We are looking for participants that are highly motivated and are willing to work hard during the workshop and after.
Accommodation expenses and meal expenses (Breakfast and lunch) are covered by Goethe-Institut Nigeria. All travel expenses must be covered individually. The workshop is free.
1. If you are interested in participating in this project, please send an e-mail and a sample of your work by 28 February 2019 to [email protected]
2. There are 6 available spots for writers and 6 available spots for illustrators. Only those authors and illustrators who are selected will be contacted.