2019 Goethe-Institut International Coproduction Fund for Artists
Deadline: October 15, 2019.
International coproductions epitomize a form of artistic collaboration involving partnership and dialogue. With a view to encouraging new collaborative working processes and innovative productions involving international cultural exchange, the Goethe-Institut set up a new coproduction fund in the summer of 2016 to promote new working networks and approaches within a global context and to explore new forms of intercultural collaboration.
1. This funding is intended for coproductions by artists in the fields of theatre, dance, music and performance art, in which hybrid and interdisciplinary formats and the use of digital media may be key components.
2. The target group comprises professional artists and ensembles abroad and in Germany, which demonstrably lack sufficient resources to realize their coproduction project on their own.
- The projects submitted should embrace only the performing arts (no outright film or exhibition projects)
- Expected artistic quality of the project
- Relevance of the participating artists in their respective scenes
- Budget indicating project partners’ own contributions / third party funds and a solid financial plan
- A balanced project partnership based on the artistic collaboration, not dominated by one partner
- Realisation of at least one performance outside Germany, if possible also one in Germany
- Projects between German and non-European partners, especially from transition countries, will be preferred (applications from Austria and Switzerland cannot be considered)
- Applications for guest performance funding are not valid
The amount of funding requested should not exceed €25,000.