2019 Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Youth in Landscapes Initiative Call for Creative Filmmakers
Deadline: September 20, 2019.
The Youth in Landscapes Initiative is calling for creative filmmakers between 18 and 35 years of age, to create a short film that showcases the power and the potential of youth-led actions and innovations in improving landscape management in communities around Ghana’s capital city of Accra.
- To create a high-quality film, all the way from collecting the footage to editing, production to the output in digital media;
- The film must be no longer than six minutes, nor shorter than three minutes.
- Young filmmakers between 18 and 35 years of age;
- Creative individuals who are passionate about sustainable development, landscapes, and people, as well as holistic ways to make positive impacts;
- Current and former students from any university, college or institute in Ghana are strongly encouraged to participate.
- Premiere your landscape-based story/film to more than 500 attendees of the GLF Accra event, as well as through GLF social media channels, reaching tens of thousands of people around the globe
- Public recognition and a certificate of participation
- Free tickets to attend GLF Accra and to be part of the inaugural Youth in Landscapes Camp
- Opportunity to network with multiple stakeholders, ranging from international organizations to academic institutions, private companies, and communities all over the world.
- The YIL and GLF will cover costs of roundtrip transportation from Accra to one of the project sites, as well as food and accommodation during the Landscape Camp
- Applicants must complete the following form, including links to video portfolio, before 20 September, 2019.
- Filmmakers can apply individually or in pairs (no more than two people).
- Please ensure availability of media devices and software to film and edit the video, either your own or provided.