2019 Global Investigative Journalism Conference: Call for Research Papers/Abstracts
Deadline: April 8, 2019.
The Global Investigative Journalism Conference, scheduled for this September 26-29 in Hamburg, Germany, will again feature an academic research track. Journalism professors and researchers worldwide are invited to submit research paper abstracts highlighting trends, challenges, teaching methodologies, new developments and best practices in investigative and data journalism.
The conference will be co-hosted by the Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN), Netzwerk Recherche (NR) and the Interlink Academy for International Dialog and Journalism.
The papers will be compiled in a digital publication for the conference and accepted proposals and presenters will receive invitations to attend the conference.
Topics considered although not limited to:
- Trends in investigative reporting
- Trends in computer-assisted reporting and data journalism
- Challenges in doing investigative reporting depending on country or culture
- Successful methods of teaching investigative, computer-assisted and data journalism
- Adapting investigative journalism to new technologies
Proposals should present original research into any aspect of the aforementioned topics in an abstract of maximum 300 words. Papers must follow APA style. If the abstract is accepted, paper length is no more than 15 pages (excluding references, tables and appendices).
Papers should not have been published or presented at a prior conference.
- Paper must be written in English.
- Paper must be in the format of Microsoft Word (.doc or docx). No other formats will be accepted.
- If abstract is accepted, paper must be formatted to APA style and no longer than 15 pages (excluding references, tables, appendices)
- Papers should be sent with the title, but without the author’s identifying information. Please send a separate title page with the authors’ contact information. This will ensure a fair and unbiased selection process.
Abstracts and papers should be sent to [email protected].