2019 Global Fund for Women Adolescent Girls Advisory Council: Call for Applications
Deadline: November 25, 2019.
Global Fund for Women is a global feminist fund that envisions a world where every woman and girl is strong safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions.
Today, Global Fund for Women wants to ensure that the needs, ideas and solutions of girls – cis, transgender and gender non-conforming – are at the center of our work and governance. We firmly believe that girls are experts of their own lives and who best to guide and shape our work than girls themselves!
The Adolescent Girl Advisory Council will play a critical role in finding, funding and amplifying girl-led groups and expanding their leadership, activism and movement building.
- Applicants from the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa and 10 to 17 years old?
- A young feminist, who believes in a world where everyone should be treated equally and fairly, a world where girls’ and women’s rights matter, are respected and upheld?
- Committed and passionate about social justice?
- Ready to use your voice and take action to bring about change?
- Willing to be part of the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council for a minimum period of two (2) years?
As a member of the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council, your voice and ideas count!
Global Fund for Women wants to listen to you and, together, give adolescent girls around the world the support they need to become leaders and change-makers.
- Share your knowledge, experience and give advice on issues related to girls and the region you represent (girl and regional expertise);
- Give ideas and recommendations to the Adolescent Girls’ Rights team to help develop the program goal, key priorities, and ways to measure change (co-develop the Adolescent Girls’ Rights Program Strategy);
- Identify groups and initiatives that are led by girls and that need support (financial, technical or other) (map girl-led groups);
- Read proposals, discuss and provide suggestions for groups to fund together with Global Fund for Women staff (participate in Global Fund for Women’s grantmaking process);
- Participate in key meetings and events to ensure girls’ voices are heard (attend key convenings).
This is a two-round selection process.
The first round: Applications will begin on October 2nd, 2019 and is open to girls – cis, transgender and gender non-conforming – between the ages of 10 to 17.
In November 2019, Global Fund for Women will shortlist girls who will move on to the second round which consists of an interview panel.
The second round: A panel composed of Global Fund for Women staff will interview the short-listed girls and select the 9 adolescent girl advisors in November 2019.