2019 Global Campaign for Education PEHRC Coordinator Recruitment
Deadline: August 25, 2019.
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) is a civil society movement that aims to end the global education crisis. Education is a basic human right, and our mission is to make sure that governments act now to deliver the right of everyone to a free, quality, public education.
The Privatisation in Education and Human Rights Consortium (PEHRC) is a global network of over 60 national, regional and global organisations, working together to analyse the rapid growth of private actors in education, respond to the challenges it may pose, and raise of the profile of the issue as a human rights concern. The aim of PEHRC is to increase the collective impact of its members through strategic coordination of advocacy activities.
1. The Consortium is seeking an enthusiastic, organised, proactive Coordinator who is passionate about making the right to education a reality for all.
2. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting and challenging global justice issue with a dynamic, multi-cultural and collaborative network of organisations.
3. The Coordinator will be a self-starter, a great communicator and a detail-oriented project manager.
4. S/ he will facilitate joint activities among consortium members, act as a focal point, and streamline the network’s coordination and collaboration.
5. S/he will ensure our joint strategy is implemented, and monitor and track the budget, while facilitating information and knowledge sharing and managing the relationship with members. Contract: Four to five days a week, with the possibility of full time preferred. Initial 12-month contract, with possibility of renewal.
1. The next Coordinator will require a range of skills and experience.
2. Demonstrated interest in education and/or human rights.
3. Have at least 3 years work experience in network coordination, communications and/or project management
4. Experience working in or with civil society organisations seeking to advance systemic reform.
5. Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
6. Ability to work with a high-level of self-motivation and autonomy.
7. Strong oral and written communications skills in English, and ideally also French