2019 Getty Foundation Scholar Grants for Researchers
Deadline: October 1, 2019.
Getty Scholar Grants are for established scholars, or writers who have attained distinction in their fields. Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from academic obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
1. Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
2. Applicants who received their degree after September 1, 2015, should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
3. Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April, April to June: $17,200
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $42,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
- The grant also includes an office at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, airfare to and from Los Angeles, and available healthcare option. These terms apply as of June 2019 and are subject to future changes.
4. Begin a New Application: Create or update your account and password, log in, and begin a new application.