2019 Geneva Centre for Security Policy Learning Innovation and Impact Officer Recruitment
Deadline: July 29, 2019.
The Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) provides forward-thinking and innovative solutions for policymakers and organizations concerned with international affairs, peace and security in today’s complex, globalized world. We are leaders in delivering executive education in global peace and security policy. More than 800 participants, from over 120 nations, from the public, non-profit and private sectors attend our courses every year. We are an international foundation with 52 member states from across the globe located in the state-of-the-art Maison de la Paix at the heart of international Geneva. We are also recognised as a cutting-edge, dynamic and impactful platform that facilitates dialogue and exchange in support of peace, security and international cooperation (www.gcsp.ch). Interested in joining our highly motivated and dedicated team?
The incumbent will be will be contributing to GCSP’s Executive Education Impact Line, leading strategic initiatives that aim at enhancing the learning experience of participants to GCSP’s executive education activities. The position supports GCSP’s ongoing institutional transformation toward a digitally savvy executive education centre with a global reach. More specifically:
➢ Assist the Deputy Director in leading efforts to modernize GCSP’s executive education activities.
➢ Provide substantial support to the Deputy Director in advancing the implementation of blended learning formats across all executive education activities.
➢ Develop standards, policies and procedures for GCSP’s executive education activities, and support their successful implementation.
➢ Build and manage GCSP’s “Community of Practice” that is comprised of internal and external Course Directors and aims at providing a platform to share experience and insights.
➢ Identify strategic opportunities and challenges for the GCSP in the learning and innovation domain.
➢ Keep up with trends and current developments in providing executive education, promoting an outward-looking approach that encourages experimenting with new methods / practices / tools.
You will have the following skills and competencies:
- Postgraduate degree in executive education management, or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience working for a government, international Organisation, NGO or in the private sector;
- Project management experience, planning and organisational skills;
- Focus on generating results and willingness to take responsibility and ownership;
- Ability to drive initiatives cross-functionally with Departments and Programmes;
- Team-player, collaborative approach; Ability to work independently;
- Be open-minded, seek and apply knowledge from a wide variety of fields;
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement;
- Intellectual curiosity, conceptual skills combined with a strong analytical mind-set;
- Ability to deal with change, looking for new ways to create value;
- Adaptable and flexible when challenging ideas, seeking solutions, and solving problems;
- Aptness to question assumptions, recognise opportunities for change and improvement;
- Excellent command of English and French (spoken and written);
- Swiss national or holder of a valid work permit.
If you recognise yourself in this challenge, we are eager to receive your full application file on firstname.lastname@example.org