2019 Gamal Abdel Nasser Leadership Fellowship
Egypt seeks, within the framework of its chairmanship of the African Union in 2019, to play its mandated role in enhancing the role of African youth through providing them with all forms of support, rehabilitation and training, as well as empowering them to occupy leadership positions and benefiting from their abilities and ideas, which was endorsed and directed by President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi during the activities of the World Youth Forum, which was held from 3 to 6 November 2018 and witnessed an honorable representation of young representatives of all African countries.
Nasser Fellowship is the first (African-African) fellowship to target young African executive leaders with diverse operational disciplines within their communities, as well as one of the critical mechanisms of empowerment of the African transformational leadership endorsed by the African Union’s Agenda (in text) in order to stimulate and promote African values through self-reliance, solidarity, hard work, collective prosperity, building on the African successes, experiences and best practices for the formulation of the African model of transformation and development. The Fellowship is also one of the mechanisms of “harnessing the demographic dividend through investment in youth” in conjunction with the assumption by Egypt of the presidency of the African Union in 2019.
1. The Fellowship targets 100 young African executive leaders: – (50% males, 50% females)
2. Decision-makers in the Government Sector, Executive Leaders in the Private Sector – Civil Society Activists – Heads of National Councils for Youth – Faculty members at Universities – Researchers in Strategic Research Centers – Members of Trade Unions – Journalists and Media Professionals … etc).
3. Member States of the African Union
The applicant must be a non-Egyptian African and non-resident in Egypt.
– Passport valid for 6 months after the end of the Fellowship.
– English speaking proficiency (Speaking, Reading and Writing).
– Experience in field work.
– The applicant shall have the nationality of an African Union country or African Diaspora.
– If you get chosen, an appointment will be set for an interview (via Skype).
– An email will be sent if you get accepted.
1- The Ministry of Youth and Sports shall bear accommodation/subsistence costs of the delegations.
2- The Ministry of Youth and Sports shall bear the costs of the tourism program.
3- The Ministry of Youth and Sports shall bear the costs of internal transfers.
4- The participant shall bear the cost of the international round-trip ticket.