2019 Foreign and Commonwealth Office PA to the Deputy High Commissioner Abuja Vacancy
Deadline: March 20, 2019.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
This is an interesting and varied job working in the Executive Office in the heart of the British High Commission. The main focus is to provide an excellent level of administrative support to the Deputy High Commissioner (DHM) and, in collaboration with the High Commissioner’s PA and admin assistant, to support the effective and efficient running of the Private Office.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Provide administrative support to the DHC:
- Managing the Deputy High Commissioner’s diary and daily itinerary
- Managing DHC’s inbox, sending messages and emails on behalf of the Deputy High Commissioner
- Receiving, dealing with and prioritising meeting requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Receiving official correspondence and drafting replies
- Preparing briefing notes and packs for meetings
- Planning and organising receptions and dinners hosted by the Deputy High Commissioner.
Wider Executive Office Tasks:
- Collaborating with the High Commissioner’s EA to manage the combined activity and output of the HC and DHC, including diary coordination, internal communications and liaising with Residence Manager
- Support EA/HC during busy periods and leave
- Takes an interest in continually developing administrative processes in their area to improve efficiency
- In addition, the job holder is encouraged to support wider BHC delivery through involvement in, planning and delivery of cross-mission meetings covering both corporate and political issues.
- The High Commission is looking for a candidate with previous office experience, with strong IT and PA skills.
- The successful PA needs to be organised and have strong attention to detail.
- The ability to speak and write in clear, correct, jargon-free English is essential.
- Previous office experience, with strong IT skills including Microsoft office.
- The ability to write in clear, correct, jargon-free English is essential.
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly organised, proactive, self-starter, strong initiative
- Project management experience
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace