2019 Fields-IAMS-Perimeter – Africa Postdoctoral Fellowship
Deadline: January 31, 2019.
One-year postdoctoral fellowships awarded jointly by the Fields Institute, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences – Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI), and the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
The Fields Institute is a centre for research and training in all areas of the mathematical sciences. The Institute provides a uniquely supportive and stimulating environment for research, innovation, and education. Its primary activities are Thematic Programs, of one to six months in length, hosting more than 600 participants each year. In addition, Fields supports a wide range of shorter activities such as workshops and conferences, mini-courses, summer schools, seminar series, as well as lecture series and other outreach activities. Fields is located in the heart of Toronto, in a building designed for research and collaboration.
1. This is a unique opportunity for recent PhDs who are African nationals working in areas of mathematical sciences or fundamental theoretical physics.
2. The goal is to support the careers of young researchers who have a commitment to advance science in Africa.
The selected fellow will be invited to pursue their research either at the Fields Institute, Perimeter Institute, or jointly at both institutions, depending on the fellows’ research interests.
1. Applicants should submit a covering letter, curriculum vitae, and a description of their research interests, and arrange for three letters of reference to be sent on their behalf.
2. Applications can be made through MathJobs.org.
3. The annual deadline for applications to the Fields-Perimeter Africa Postdoctoral Fellowship is November 15 of each year (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 31, 2019).
4. The covering letter should include a statement about the candidate’s interest in specific research programs at Fields or Perimeter, as well as names of faculty members at Fields, Perimeter, or Ontario universities with whom the candidate may be interested in working.