2019 Fellowships To Attend Global Investigative Journalism Conference
Deadline: May 5, 2019.
The Global Investigative Journalism Conference (GIJC) is the premier international gathering of investigative and data journalists, held once every two years. This year, the 11th conference will be held in Hamburg, Germany, from September 26 to 29, and is being co-hosted by the Global Investigative Journalism Network, Netzwerk Recherche and Interlink Academy.
1. Open to full-time print, online, television, video, radio, documentary and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries;
2. Experience in investigative or data journalism a plus;
3. Special categories for journalists from indigenous communities, citizen investigators, and journalists exiled from their homelands;
4. Sorry, Western journalists based overseas are not eligible.
NOTE: The fellowship does not include a per diem, visa fees, or transport to and from your home country airport. This is a training conference, and fellows are expected to pay for these costs.
1. Round-trip airfare to Hamburg, Germany
2. Hotel room for four nights
3. Transport between Hamburg airport and the conference hotel
4. Breakfast and lunch on conference days
5. Award ceremony banquet dinner
6. Conference fee