2019 Falling Walls Science Engager of The Year Award
Deadline: June 30, 2019.
Falling Walls Engage is an international platform for all forms of science engagement, hosted by Falling Walls in cooperation with the Robert Bosch Stiftung. Its goal is to showcase successful science engagement projects from a wide range of fields.
Submissions from any field of science engagement, communication, outreach, education – large or small – are welcome. They are looking for:
- all forms of science engagement with a focus on impactful, cost-effective, novel approaches to building opportunities for dialogue and participation in science
- hidden champions from the whole world who pursue scalable projects
- initiatives with local impact or wider outreach with the potential to become role models for other projects or scientists
- new ways of communication and cooperation with the goal of empowering scientists to engage with public audiences
- The 20 best submissions will be invited to share their science engagement projects on 8 November in a fast-paced pitch competition in front of a peer audience and a distinguished jury
- The winner will get the chance to pitch their project on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference to an audience of 750 global leaders, decision-makers, and international media representatives
- All selected participants will receive an invitation to join the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November and its network of international science leaders, media, and outreach professionals
- Increase international visibility for your organisation’s science engagement work
- Share your experiences and learn from like-minded people in a co-learning environment
- Become part of a sustainable community dedicated to a common cause – pushing forward the dialogue between science and society.
- The most impactful, novel, and cost-effective projects will be invited to Berlin (travel and accommodation costs will be covered).
- Fill in the online application form. Get an overview of the full application form by downloading this PDF.
- Once you have submitted your application online, send a 1-minute application video to email@example.com answering these three questions:
- How do you change the way people engage with science?
- What surprised you the most in realising your project?
- Why should we select you?