2019 European Youth Award (contest)
Deadline: July 31, 2019.
The European Youth Award (contest) is EYA’s flagship initiative. It is a European-wide contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects having an impact on society. It demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The annual winners event (EYA Festival) is a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation taking place in Graz at the end of November. It is a public event and everybody is welcome to join. Thus, don’t miss the chance and be part of it! Save the date for the next edition: November 27-30.
EYA’s global sister project is the WSA. Both iniatives are organized by the International Center for New Media, a Non-Profit Organization based in Salzburg, Austria. If you are near our office, pass by for a coffee.
People who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Creative minds under the age of 33
- living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo
- who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation)
- and submitted it to the EYA database until July 31 (submission open from March on)
- in one of the EYA categories,
- For EYA any digital project can be submitted. This contains all mobile and web-based applications, such as: apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The submitted digital project, product or application must be functional and operational at the time of submission. It has to be (at least) in a prototype or beta-version stage.
- All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2018. For a project or product completed earlier, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the EYA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
- a fantastic family of change-makers sharing the same spirit as you!
- mentoring by the EYA mentoring team AND former EYA winners!
- two comprehensive checks and fresh ideas for your project from international and local students digging deep into your projects for several weeks!
- an invitation to the EYA Festival to learn from outstanding speakers, experienced entrepreneurs and opinion-leaders!
- an international stage to present your innovative project in front of an expert jury and huge audience!
- recognition at the EYA Gala Ceremony by international laudators!
- your projects featured through EYA’s and partners’ channels and in the annual catalogue!
- a professional video about your project!
- international reputation and & legitimacy!
- The European Youth Award (EYA) looks for digital projects that have a strong impact on society in one of the 9 EYA categories. EYA focusses on different evaluation criteria which can be found here.
- By submission of a project, applicants accept the rules of the EYA contests as stated on this page.
- All submitters to the EYA have to abide by the rules and regulations mentioned in the UN Declaration on Human Rights. Submissions therefore which encourage war, the exercise of violence, fraud, racism or discrimination will not be accepted and eliminated. Similarly, submissions that violate international copyright provisions will be excluded.
- EYA cannot be held liable for accepted submissions and their contents and rights.