2019 European exchange programme for Entrepreneurs
Deadline: December 31, 2019.
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries.
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
1. The programme is accessible to all European new and host entrepreneurs who have their permanent residence in one of 28 European Member States, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, the Republic of North Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro, Moldova, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Kosovo*.
Potential benefits for new entrepreneurs include the opportunity to:
- Stay up to six months with a successful and experienced entrepreneur in another European country to gain relevant business start-up knowledge in a wide range of areas such as marketing, financial accounting, customer relations, business finance;
- Improve the entrepreneurial experience and chances of success during the business start-up phase;
- Refine business ideas/plan;
- Become members of an international European business network of successful entrepreneurs;
- Gain knowledge about foreign markets and understand the regulatory framework in another European Union country;
- Collaborate and develop cross-border business co-operation;
- Gain insights into different cultural and organisational settings and understand how companies function in the European Union;
- Improve language skills;
- Find out about European commercial law and the single European market, European standardisatio and European support for SMEs;
- Receive practical and financial assistance such as induction courses before the exchange, logistical and local support during the stay, and a grant covering the travel and subsistence costs during the stay abroad.