2019 Erasmus Mundus PIXNET Joint Master Degree Scholarship
Deadline: March 1, 2019.
The Photonic Integrated Circuits, Sensors and NETworks (PIXNET) Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree is a two-year programme (120 ECTS) aimed at training talented students in the design, creation and assessment of innovative integrated devices based on photonic technologies. The set of learning outcomes include the theoretical design of system/network devices, the design and simulation of a photonic integrated circuit, fabrication in a clean room facility and the packaging and final testing of the prototypes.
PIXNET intends to be an interdisciplinary, multi-national initiative, training young telecommunication and electrical engineers to investigate the adoption of Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) as the central element in the evolution of information and communication devices (e.g. Data Centers, mobile terminals, etc.).
1. All applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree, corresponding to at least 180 ECTS, in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunication Engineering, Physics, or other related scientific areas, which will be evaluated on a case by case basis by the Selection Committees.
2. The requirement regarding knowledge of English can be one of the following::
IELTS – 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each section;
TOEFL IBT – 92 overall with minimum of 21 in each section;
University of Cambridge Proof that you have passed the University of Cambridge: ‘Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)’, or University of Cambridge ‘Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)’, grades A-C;
The successful completion of prior study program (Bachelor, Master) where English is the official medium of instruction;
Evidence certifying the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) Level B2.
All certifications of proficiency in English or the status of native English speaker will be evaluated case by case by the hosting institutions for compliance with local rules.
- Maximum EC contribution to the Masters participation costs (tuitions, insurance, coverage.
- Contribution to the travel and installation costs
- Contribution to subsistence cost