2019 Erasmus Mundus EUROPHOTONICS Joint Master Degree Scholarship
Deadline: February 15, 2019.
International Master program in Photonics Engineering, Biomedical Imaging, Quantum Optics, Laser Optics, Optics for Astronomy, Nanophotonics, Biophotonics. The field of optics / photonics, the science of light, is booming and involves a large number of interdisciplinary activities in health, environment, energy, transport, telecommunications with significant economic and societal benefits. Optics / photonics plays a key role in fundamental discoveries and in new technologies, with theoretical and experimental aspects.
1. The students who want to apply to the program at the M1 level need a “Bachelor” or “Licence” level corresponding to, at least, 180 ECTS (validated for European students or Partner countries), in the field of : physics, engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physical chemistry, applied physics.
2. Most applicants are currently enrolled for their last year or session of a BSc or BEng program or equivalent. In this case the original version of the diploma will be asked after selection.
3. A good level in English is required, since all courses are taught in English.
1. Scholarships funded by the European Agency (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) scholarships) can be obtained after a selection procedure only by students who apply for joining the program at the M1 level (1st year).
2. The amount of the monthly allowance for these scholarships is 1000€/month during the two-years program.
3. The students will also receive support for the installation costs and for the travel costs. The monthly allowance is not given to the students during the semesters spend in their country of origin.
4. EMJMD scholarship holders do not have to pay any registration nor tuition fees.
1) The application procedure is available at the page http://www.europhotonics.org/emundus/. Go to this page to create your personal account, then follow the instructions that are given by the Application Software. The Application Software will collect all the electronic documents that you have to submit (the list of these documents is given below). You can interrupt the submission at any time and resume the submission later. You can submit the pictures and scanned documents in any common format (JPEG, PDF,…) – PDF format is however strongly preferred.
2) You must finish the electronic submission, otherwise your application will not be validated. When done, you will get at the top of the page (when connected to the Application) the “Status of your actual application” ending with “Application sent”, and you will receive an email with content: “I hereby confirm that we have received your application to the Europhotonics master course in electronic form. The consortium will evaluate all complete applications and you will be informed by email of the outcome of this process.