2019 Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme
Deadline: 30 April 2019
30 November 2019
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
- Candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university
- Proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- Minimal English standard is TOEFL level C1.
- Candidate must come from a country classified as Low Income or Lower Middle Income Country according to the DAC-list of the OECD.
- The candidate must have been admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on his/her academic and professional qualifications. Applications for the E4D scholarship scheme and the continuing education programme can be submitted in parallel.
All programmes of the ETH Zurich continuing education programme (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship. But only some programmes offer a fee reduction.
The following programmes offer a fee reducation:
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (2’000 CHF per month if the programme is longer than 3 weeks. 800 CHF per week if the programme duration is up to 3 weeks)
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)