2019 EMPOWER ROTA’s Annual International Youth Conference
Deadline: January 25, 2019.
Reach Out to Asia hosted its first annual Youth conference, EMPOWER in 2009 which saw 169 young people and teachers from 23 schools and 6 universities plus 50 adults in 2009 congregate over a period of three days, to learn and actively engage in the promotion of leadership and service learning in Qatar. Since then, ROTA hosted an annual youth conference which grew to over 450 participants.
EMPOWER has developed a reputation for being the first youth led conference to focus on equipping young people in Qatar to take active roles in building their communities and having a voice on global issues.
The lectures and workshops during the youth conference aim to address three themes. These include:
1. Personal leadership: Promoting personal excellence including setting goals and forward planning, having personal mission statements, marketing one’s skills and abilities, positive attitude and healthy self-esteem.
2. Service Learning: Promoting civic responsibility: a duty to one’s country, community and the world as a whole. The importance of valuing diversity; developing empathy alongside desire to help the vulnerable or to protect one heritage or the environment.
3. Global Citizenship: Promoting youth voice on social justice issues like human rights, migrant worker situation, global
economy, climate change and war and conflict.
EMPOWER conference seeks to attract up to 450 delegates from the following categories
1. international participants 18- 32 years old
2. Secondary School Teachers
3. Local Youth Groups/organizations
4. Youth Activist from GCC and Arab Region
5. University Student Affairs Officers
Type of provided sponsorship:
1. Full Sponsorship includes: Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
2. Partial Sponsorship includes: Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.