2019 Edinburgh University Global Research Scholarships
Deadline: February 1, 2019.
The University of Edinburgh will offer 30 scholarships for PhD Research Programme in any field of study offered by the University for the 2019-2020 academic session.
1. The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2019-2020.
2. Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been offered admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
3. Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
4. Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
5. Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
1. Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
2. Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.