2019 Denys Holland Undergraduate Scholarship at University College London
Deadline: July 5, 2019.
Professor Denys Holland, in whose memory the Denys Holland Fund was created via donations from his students, was a sociable, compassionate man. A Professor of Law and Dean of Students, one of his principal concerns was the welfare and fulfilment of students under his care. His admissions policy for the Faculty of Laws was aimed at a broad range of students who would enter fully into college life.
The Denys Holland Scholarship aims to support undergraduate students from any country, who without the support of the scholarship would be unable to secure the funding required to study at UCL, and whom can demonstrate their intention to make full use of the activities offered by UCL and the Student Union.
Applicants should be:
- holding a valid UCL Student Number
- holding a valid UCAS Personal ID (not UCAS Registration number)
- holding an offer of admission to UCL for full-time undergraduate study commencing in September 2019, in any department;
- in financial need;
- able to demonstrate that they have broad interests and intend to be actively involved in and contribute to the life of the university;
- preferably aged 25 or below at the time of commencing their studies.
The scholarship is worth £9,000 per year for three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress.
1. Download Application Form
2. Download Guidance Notes
3. Complete application and supporting documentations should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Applicants will be required to detail their current outside interests and indicate areas of non-academic activity which they would hope to pursue while a student. They will also have to provide information on their financial circumstances and other sources of income being sought to fund their studies – additional information may be requested by the selection panel.