2019 Dare to Change Tanzania for Young Graduates
Deadline: July 19, 2019.
Since 2012 DOT Tanzania has implemented projects to empower youth to become leaders of change in their communities through community work, entrepreneurship and application of technology. DOT Tanzania is currently implementing the Digital Livelihoods project that seeks to empower youth-led initiatives that have been developed from application of human-centered design, social innovation and are powered by technology. DOT has impacted the lives of over 20,000 youths in the last 5 years, supporting a youth-led movement of daring social innovators, community leaders and digital champions who have the tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and transform their own communities.
1. DOT Tanzania invites applications from daring young social innovators from all corners of Tanzania for its Dare To Change Tanzania, Innovation Incubator.
2. They are seeking eligible ideas that bring affordable, diverse and sustainable products and services that will contribute to the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals.
3. The one month incubator provides support in form of soft and technical assistance or financial seed funding to selected viable businesses.
4. Duration of program is 4 weeks (5th August through 6th September 2019)
5. The lead applicant and implementer must be a young person between the ages of 22-30 years.
6. Must be an innovative social business, with both impact and profit models
7. Business must be in the prototype stage, and demonstrates at least 6
months of idea design consistency
8. Selected innovations will be eligible to receive technical assistance
and/or result-based seed funding to support their business innovations.
9. Willingness to join and be part of a network of global social innovators supported under DOT’s INNOJO platform for post incubation support and mentoring.
10. Winner must be ready to comply to our result-based funding
Both training venue and accommodation for innovators outside Dar es Salaam
will be provided by our partner, the University of Dar es Salaam Innovation
and Entrepreneurship Center, throughout the program.
Qualified candidates should apply for this program by filling in the application
form found on our page facebook.com/DOT Tanzania and follow all instructions including:
1. Full name, residence and year of graduating.
2. Your community challenge/problem that you seek to solve through a business model.
3. Why you should be selected for this program.
4. Submit a one-page concept note of your innovative business detailing the stage of your key milestones so far. Send this to email@example.com with subject line “Dare to Change Tanzania 2019”