2019 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at University of Strathclyde Glasgow
Deadline: March 7, 2019.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK universities. These scholarships are intended for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries for full-time Masters study on selected courses. These Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
These Scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year;
- hold a first degree of *at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Masters degree);
- not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country;
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
*Candidates who hold a first degree with first class honours will be given preference.
The eligible courses for 2019 are:
MSc Electronic and Electrical Engineering
MSc Sustainable Engineering: Renewable Energy Systems and the Environment
MSc Environmental Engineering
MSc Forensic Science
MSc Pharmaceutical Analysis
The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees, living costs per month, travel to the UK and return home at the end of the scholarship and other expenses.