2019 Comic Relief Grant for funding UK Organisations working to End Gender-Based Violence
Deadline: September 4, 2019.
Comic Relief believes women and girls should have equal power and agency in decision-making at all levels. One of the ways in which we have been working towards this vision since we began is through funding organisations working to end gender-based violence.
They want to make targeted investments in UK women’s organisations which provide frontline services to meet the needs of women and girls facing multiple disadvantage across one or more strands of VAWG.
Proposals should respond to one or more of this programme’s aims:
Maintain / improve support for women and girls who are experiencing or at risk of violence and abuse.
Expand reach and support for women and girls who face additional barriers in accessing services such as BAMER (Black, Asian Minority Ethnic and Refugee), older, LBTI (Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex), and disabled communities.
Capture the lived experiences of women and girls to inform the design and delivery of services, practice and policy.
Coordinate cross sector partnerships to build more trauma-informed, joined-up care pathways that meet the holistic needs of women and girls.
They expect to make up to 15 investments of £50,000 – £250,000.
Funded projects will need to start-up in January 2020 and run for no more than 12 to 15 months.
Funding can be used to cover specific project activities and core costs that can be evidenced as directly related to the proposed project.
1. This opportunity is only open to applications for work being funded in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
2. This programme is only open to applications from organisations whose income is between £250,000 and £10 million
3. Applications are only welcome for grants of between £50,000 and £250,000 over 12 to 15 months
4. Comic Relief will fund no more than 40% of an organisation’s total income in any one year
5. Comic Relief will not support capital costs over 25% of the total funding request
6. Comic relief does not fund religious activities, political campaigning, one-off events, individual and group sponsorship, institutional care or fundraising activities
7. This programme is for work supporting woman and young girls in the UK and wants to make targeted investments in UK women’s organisations who provide direct services to women and girls who are experiencing or at risk of violence and abuse
8. Projects must be ready to start in January 2020