2019 CIVICUS Network Engagement Coordinator Recruitment
Deadline: June 17, 2019.
CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
The Networks Engagement Coordinator is an exciting opportunity to lead the coordination and development of the AGNA network, facilitating collaboration and engagement between members and supporting strategic alliances that enhance the network’s ability to take collective action. Situated within the Membership & Networks cluster, the role will work across all CIVICUS teams to ensure AGNA members are engaged and supported through all CIVICUS programmes and activities.
The role would suit someone from the global south who has strong experience in network building and engagement, with a demonstrated long-term commitment to civil society and citizen action. This role requires someone who is an independent self-starter, with a willingness to take on unforeseen challenges but fundamentally understands the importance of partnership/relationship building and enjoys working with a diverse global group of network leaders.
- Candidates must have five to seven years’ experience working directly with civil society or human rights organisations, ideally with civil society networks;
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and project management/planning skills
- Experience of network building at local and national level, with thorough understanding of networking principles, particularly in the global south
- Demonstrated partnership building abilities, both internally within an organisation and externally
- Understanding of global/regional dynamics, and civil society issues and trends
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on the 17 June 2019. Interested candidates should email their application to email@example.com
Your application should comprise of:
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.