2019 Cherie Blair Mentoring Women in Business Program
Many women in developing and emerging markets have the ideas and ambition to become successful entrepreneurs but are held back by barriers such as lack of access to business skills, technology, networks and finance. In response, the Foundation has developed an innovative solution that combines mentoring with technology to offer cross-border support to women entrepreneurs.
We match women in developing and emerging countries with male and female mentors around the world. Using our online platform, they spend 12 months working one-on-one to achieve key business goals. Participants build their business skills and digital literacy through our trainings, and become part of a global community of committed, ambitious entrepreneurs who are invested in each other’s success.
The programme boosts confidence, improves business performance and ultimately creates wealth for the entrepreneurs we support.
We select and match women entrepreneurs and mentors from around the world three times each year – in March, May and November. Our selection criteria ensure you’re able to thrive in the programme, but the key really is in the commitment.
- A professional or entrepreneur with at least seven years of experience?
- Able to commit for one year?
- Able to meet online with a mentee at least two hours a month?
- Open to intercultural exchange and learning?
- Keen to participate in our online community, forums and events?
- Willing to complete a feedback form at the end of the programme?
- Fluent in English?
- Ready to embark on a life-changing relationship and join a vibrant mentoring community?
If so, you could soon join the Cherie Blair Foundation’s mentoring community.
1. The benefits of a mentoring relationship are tremendous – for both mentees and mentors. From building new skills to rejuvenating interest in your work, making new contacts and forging a bond with someone in another part of the world, mentoring truly presents some invaluable opportunities for everyone involved.
2. The benefits also extend beyond individuals. The women they work with are pioneering change-makers, poised to become successful entrepreneurs and leaders in their communities.
3. Women who are financially independent have greater control over their own lives and often a more influential voice in tackling injustice and discrimination. Mentoring plays a role in helping them overcome barriers they face and accelerate strides they are already making. By building their digital literacy and skills, women are in a better position to participate in political and business related decision-making processes.
4. Training is an integral part of the programme. Participants and alumni have ample opportunities to build their digital literacy and gain skills that are relevant to the business world. Before being matched, participants go through an online training course, which ensures they have the same foundation and tools to build a fruitful mentoring relationship. Videos, podcasts and summary documents cover cross-cultural mentoring, setting goals and more.
All it takes is 20 minutes to apply. You will need a Google log-in in order to access the online application and platform. More information is below on enabling any email address as a Google log-in.