2019 CcHUB Nigeria GovLab Idea Pitch for Innovative Thinkers
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
Are you part of a movement for better democratic governance?
Do you have an innovative idea to encourage participation in governance?
Is it important to you that the government is responsive?
GovLab by CcHUB wants to help you take your idea to the next stage!
At CcHUB, they aim to support civic innovators who are willing to leverage technology to drive conversations around government responsiveness, transparency, social accountability and citizen engagement. That is why they are launching the 2019 GovLab Idea Pitch, to help you bring great ideas to life.
In recent times, we have found ourselves asking the following questions:
- How can the law and policy making be simplified to encourage participation from citizens?
- Is there a way we can use technology to bridge the gaps around the elections process?
- How do we drive students participation in University governance, to hold University authority accountable and encouraging responsiveness?
If you have answers to these questions then the GovLab Idea Pitch is for you. Read on to learn how to apply.
To apply for the GovLab Idea Pitch you must:
- Submit either a new idea or the business plan for an existing business (that must not have been in operation for over 1 year).
- Have a team. Teams must consist of a minimum of 3 members.
- Be able to travel to Lagos.
- The top 3 winners will qualify for the CcHUB Pre-Incubation programme (Lagos-based) where they will receive:
- Access to $5000 seed funding (milestones).
- Mentorship to support projects through rapid prototyping and piloting.
- Physical resources such as office space, high-speed internet, meeting rooms & other facilities.
- Access of up to $10,000 Amazon web service credit.