2019 CASEC Youth and Sustainable Development Forum
Deadline: June 15, 2019.
After the Forum on Action for Sustainable Development and the Role of Youth in September 2018 focused on SDG 1: “Eliminating poverty in all its forms and all over the world”, the CASEC is organizing the Youth Forum this year Student and Sustainable Development will address SDG 8: “Promote sustained, shared and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all”.
The Sustainable Development Goals promote sustained economic growth, higher levels of productivity and technological innovation by 2030. However, four years have already passed and the question remains: What are the solutions for a strategic involvement of the Youth in full employment and economic growth in Benin?
It is to answer this question that is organized, within the framework of the fourth anniversary of the 2030 Agenda, the Youth and Sustainable Development Forum 2019.
Registrations are open for:
- Students and PhD students from Universities and Schools
- Young Activists of Sustainable Development
- Representatives of Civil Society Organizations
- Representatives of Private and Public Enterprises
- Local and governmental authorities
- This forum will bring together governmental and local authorities, state structures, international organizations, businesses, the media, national and international NGOs and youth organizations working to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals in Benin to share results of their actions for the implementation of SDG 8.
- These structures will focus, for 2 days, on the involvement of young people in Benin’s economic growth, while revisiting the issues of:
- unemployment and underemployment of young people;
- equality between men, women and the disabled in the workplace;
- inadequacy of training curricula to the needs of the market;
- governance framework for youth employment;
- entrepreneurship of young people;
- strengthening of employability;
- digital economy;
- entrepreneurial and social leadership.
- Participants will benefit from all forum activities
- 4 discussion sessions
- 1 presentation session of the Youth Opportunities platform
- 1 live session of Youth Talks
- 2 reflection workshops
- 2 networking sessions