2019 Cardiff Metropolitan University Elite Sport Scholar Award
Deadline: October 1, 2019.
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate and international students that excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching). The award is based upon a combination of academic merit and sporting achievements and can be applied for by students who meet the criteria set out
To be eligible for a scholarship, athletes must:
- Be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University (any course);
- Be competing in a recognised British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCs objectives;
- Be competing at international level, or must be performing towards the highest level in their sport (e.g. national/international/professional)
- Be recommended by their NGB coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport
- £1,000 discount from their programme tuition fees
- Access to excellent facilities
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage
- Active yoga and recovery sessions
- Performance workshops
The award of scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and students will be required to demonstrate their continuing commitment to Cardiff Met performance sport and their personal sporting development in order to continue to benefit from the scheme for the duration of their studies.
- Athletes applying for a scholarship must complete the Elite Sport Scholar Award application form by clicking this link, and submitting it to the Deputy Director of Sport with evidence of performance standards and coach contact details to allow for a recommendation to be requested.
- You will receive automatic notification by email that we have received your application. If you do not receive this notification, please contact the Deputy Director of Sport as soon as possible so we can confirm receipt. You will receive confirmation that you are eligible, subject to meeting the terms and conditions, within 4 weeks of your application. Final confirmation of receipt of award will be confirmed once the terms and conditions are met. Please note, the award can only be activated once you have successfully enrolled onto your full-time degree course
- Please note there is no closing date for this scholarship. It is available to all elite student athletes who meet the above criteria.