2019 Call for applications: Women’s Edition workshop for women journalists from West African countries.
Deadline: April 19, 2019.
Experienced women journalists from West Africa are invited to attend a regional workshop on the important role of religious leaders in promoting the reproductive health and well-being of women and families.
The seminar will be held in Dakar (Senegal) in June 2019 and will focus on the commitment of religious leaders in the West African region to promote reproductive health and the well-being of women and families. The Women’s Edition Workshop offers a unique opportunity to be part of an international network of experienced women journalists who are interested in health and development. The PRB will select 12 women journalists from across West Africa to attend the Dakar seminar.
The Women’s Edition Workshop is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID). It will be facilitated by PRB facilitators.
Experienced female journalists who:
- Work in a country in West Africa.
- Have an influential position – editor, journalist or producer – in a leading organization such as national and regional newspapers, radio and radio stations. Self-employed women and bloggers can apply but must provide a letter of support from a media outlet stating that their work will be published or broadcast.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in health, development and population issues and a commitment to cover these topics.
- Communicate easily and effectively in French for the workshop, although they can write or broadcast in any other language.
The PRB will cover all seminar expenses, including travel, accommodation and food.
Fill out the form via the PRB online submission portal . For your application, you will need to provide:
- Contact information.
- Your current CV
- A declaration of interest.
- A brief account of an important topic on reproductive health in your country. The subject is your choice and will simply serve to demonstrate your knowledge of reproductive health.
- Two copies of two of your best journalistic productions.
- Two references.
- A letter of support from your leader.
If you have any questions or would like to submit your application by email instead of using the online form, please contact [email protected] .