2019 British Council Zimbabwe Temporary Communications Assistant Vacancy
Deadline: December 9, 2018.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Main purpose of job:
The Mission is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. Our communications effort is crucial to our work. We expect quality from our staff, but offer unrivalled learning and development opportunities. This jobholder will play a supporting role in coordinating our communication and public affairs activities, services and projects. This will include working with traditional media, as well as digital and social media.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Social media monitoring, identifying breaking stories of interest to the UK and monitoring and reporting on impact of stories being pushed by the UK, responding in line with agreed script where necessary.
- Routine social media updates. Assisting with the drafting and publishing of interesting and topical updates for Facebook/Twitter/Instagram
- Act as Embassy photographer, ensuring high quality images for use on social media and with the press.
- Support at Mission wide events, ensuring the communications aspects of events run by the Mission (including development programme launches, and public speaking or visits by senior officials) are handled professionally.
- social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) experience
- media or communications experience
- A degree in media or journalism would be an advantage
- Seeing the Big Picture, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.