2019 British Council Nigeria Call for Consultant – Technical Assistant/Skills
This programme sits within our Higher Education, Skills and Enterprise portfolio of work. It is designed to enable young women and men in urban areas to acquire skills and experiences that are relevant to them having jobs either as seekers or creators of jobs.
The programme builds on our current portfolio of work in the SSA region in the areas of skills development, social entrepreneurship, English, Creative Industries and Education. It seeks to use a holistic and multi-sectoral approach, that builds on our successful work streams working in partnership with both public and private sector players. In line with the UK International Development (Gender Equality) Act 2014, the programme will ensure that historical gender inequality is not reinforced and factors affecting the participation of women and men in skills development and work opportunities are addressed.
This assignment is to provide technical assistance and programme delivery services for the Skills Development component of the Enhancing Employability of Urban Youth Programme. The contract term will run from July 2019 to March 2020.
The technical consultant will:
- Provide country-specific recommendations and guidance on approaches to adopt.
- Provide actionable recommendations in the design and delivery of appropriate and/or scalable country-specific interventions.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of identified interventions on access to skills and jobs in the construction sector.
Submit (in one PDF attachment) evidence in a CV and cover letter demonstrating your experience of:
- Extensive experience, networks and knowledge of the skills development and training in Nigeria. This should include operating context, regulatory framework, and technical knowledge of the TVET and Skills sector in Nigeria
- Extensive experience in assessing development programmes or projects focused on Skills and Employability
- Knowledge of evaluation methods and techniques, including a thorough understanding of data collection, evaluation methodologies and design, and strong qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Evidence of solid and high-level experience in undertaking similar tasks (experience in similar projects will be an advantage).
- Expert-level experience delivering well-written clearly analysed research reports in a timely manner;
- Communicating and Influence: using influencing techniques to manage diverse and complex public and private sector relationships.
- Partnership management: using strong relationship building skills to manage senior government and private sector partners
- Grant management: managing grantees and beneficiaries preferably in the education sector
Also, submit at least two references from organisations which you have provided similar consultancy work.
Submit your CV, cover letter and references to HE.Nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org