2019 British Council Kenya Arts Officer Vacancy
Deadline: May 17, 2019.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. They create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. They do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
The Arts Officer will support the Arts Manager, Programme Manager Arts, Kenya and East Africa, and the wider British Council team, to deliver an engaging Kenyan arts programme that works within British Council’s East Africa Arts programme and builds knowledge and understanding between the UK and Kenya.
This Arts Officer is expected to make a major contribution to the successful delivery of the British Council’s East Africa Arts programme in Kenya, as well as clearly deliver and communicate the impact of East Africa Arts in Kenya and to the British Council Kenya. The role will provide direct administration and coordination support to the British Council’s East Africa Arts programme.
The Arts Officer will contribute professional knowledge and skills to the team in project coordination and event organisation in a busy working environment whilst ensuring British Council and client rules and procedures are followed and expectations are exceeded.
1. At least two years’ recent professional experience coordinating and supporting projects in the arts and cultural sector (as per role profile).
2. Experience of working in a team to ensure significant impact through successful outcomes from cultural programmes.
3. Knowledge and experience of event organization
4. Experience of financial administration
5. Strong organisational skills and attention to detail and ability to work effectively with tight deadlines