2019 British Council International School Awards (ISA) for Schools in Nigeria
The International School Award is a badge of honour for schools that showcase outstanding work in international education, such as through links with partner schools overseas. Fostering an international dimension in the curriculum is at the heart of the British Council’s work with schools so that young people gain the cultural understanding and skills they need to live and work as global citizens.
The British Council International School Award started in 1999 to recognise the schools leading the way in instilling and developing a global dimension into the learning experience of all children and young people. It is managed by the British Council.
1. Any recognised school offering any curriculum, state, national or international; is eligible to apply for ISA.
2. The minimum requirements include basic infrastructure, at least one computer
with internet facility and at least one teacher with adequate working knowledge of English language.
3. The schools that benefit the most are the ones that are proactively seeking ways of
improving classroom transaction and would like to see some transformational change from traditional methods to more innovative methods.
A school that completes the ISA journey meeting the minimum required standards is entitled to the following privileges as part of the Award:
A. ISA trophy for the school
B. Certificates for school, Principal, ISA Coordinator and up to 10 members of
the ISA team in school
C. Use of the coveted ISA kite mark on all official stationery and promotional materials
D. Invitation to attend the annual British Council School Awards Ceremony and
E. The outstanding schools will have the opportunity to showcase their portfolios at British Council offices and libraries, speak at British Council events as resource persons, participate in selected events and workshops and get invited to join the ISA assessment panel in the future. Many schools have often said that the learning journey is the biggest reward of ISA.
1. To apply, download and fill out the form in the downloads section and submit completed form to [email protected] Please read the ISA Guidance manual before submitting an application.
2. Registration fee is £1,000 (Naira equivalent at British Council May bookkeeping rate of N485/£1). Amount payable- N485,000.000 (Four Hundred and Eighty-Five Thousand Naira Only)
3. Cambridge Associate schools who are members of the British Council Partner Schools Global Network (PSGN) are entitled to a discount of £200. The amount payable- N388,000.000 (Three Hundred and Eighty-Eight Thousand Naira Only)