2019 British Council in Pakistan Pak-UK Education Gateway Travel Grant
Deadline: July 10, 2019.
The British Council in Pakistan and Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan has recently launched a joint programme Pak-UK Education Gateway, which aims to enhance partnership between the higher education sectors of Pakistan and the UK. Key areas of collaboration under this umbrella framework are: innovative and collaborative research, higher education leadership, quality assurance and standard setting, distance learning, international mobility and transnational education.
Pak-UK Education Gateway builds on existing collaborations between the UK and Pakistan that the British Council and Higher Education Commission has facilitated over last fifteen years: from knowledge exchange and leadership development programmes, to student and teacher training, scholarships and research collaborations.
- Applicants must be either Pakistani or United Kingdom citizens associated with Higher Education institutes in either of the countries.
- The travel grant is available for travel with the purpose of developing links between the Higher Education institutes in either Pakistan or United Kingdom in developing research and collaboration in one or more of the above mentioned thematic areas.
- Applicants should have a strong interest from the host institute or partner university in making a strategic partnerships at a later stage.
- Letter of endorsement (on letterhead) from their head of institute/organisation/university. The letter should include:
- How the proposed activity will help in developing linkages between Pakistan and United Kingdom
- The aptitude, capability and potential of the Applicant to benefit from the opportunity of a Travel Grant.
- Successful applicants are required to submit a final report within 30 days of their visit. A post-visit online questionnaire and a final report template will be sent to successful applicants.
Successful applications will receive a grant of 2,000 GBP against all necessary travel, accommodation, visa and subsistence costs for the visit. Grantees are responsible to make all arrangements in the UK and Pakistan in consultation with the British Council and their host institute. They will need to follow British Council travel advise before finalising their visit plans for Pakistan and the UK.