2019 British Council Arts Open call for UK Artists to Attend a performing arts Event in Croatia
Deadline: July 22, 2019.
IETM is a major European networking event – ideal for artists and producers who want to expand their careers internationally. They’re offering bursaries for minority ethnic creative practitioners to join the next meeting in Croatia.
They’re offering bursaries for minority ethnic artists and producers to attend IETM Rijeka from 24–27 October 2019. This is the seventh time we have run this scheme, to make sure the diversity of the UK is represented in this international network.
IETM (Informal European Theatre Meeting) is a network for the contemporary performing arts with over 450 members from across the world. Members include arts organisations and individuals working in theatre, dance, circus, new media, live art, festivals, and in research centres and institutional bodies. The members run two plenary sessions a year in European cities that include debate, talks, pitches and networking alongside an artistic programme of international work.
1. This opportunity is open to independent minority ethnic artists and producers working in performing arts.
2. You should be based in the UK and not acting on behalf of an NPO or a regularly funded organisation.
3. Previous IETM bursary recipients are eligible to re-apply. We will support one person to attend IETM a maximum of two times through this scheme.
4. You must be available from 24–27 October 2019 (inclusive) and allow for appropriate travel time on either side of these dates.
5. If you are a D/deaf or disabled artist, we are running a separate bursary scheme in partnership with Unlimited.
Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary each. The bursary money can be used to contribute towards costs incurred travelling and staying in Rijeka. This might include, but is not limited to travel, accommodation, daily expenses and show tickets.