2019 British America Tobacco Nigeria Foundation Farmers for the Future Project Competition for Nigerians
Deadline: September 16, 2019.
The Farmers for the Future project (F4F) is an annual competition organised by British America Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATN Foundation) for final year students of Agriculture in Nigerian tertiary institutions and recent graduates in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
The overall aim of the competition is to promote interest in agriculture among young people and turn their creative ideas to successful and sustainable agribusiness enterprises.
Interested candidates that are eligible for the competition will develop creative agribusiness proposals and submit by responding to an online Expression of Interest. Ten shortlisted finalists will present their ideas during an interview with the Project Management Committee (PMC) and the best 3 candidates will be selected and presented to the public at an award ceremony. Thereafter, the winners will be provided with technical and financial support to establish their agricultural enterprises after their National Youth Service. The competition will be held annually for a predetermined time.
- Any final-year student of Agriculture from a Nigerian tertiary institution aged between 18 and 30 years; or a National Youth Service Corp member who graduated within the last 2 years;
- Group entries may be considered. However, each group/team should not exceed 3 members. Each member is mandated to meet the eligibility criteria; and
- Individuals that are willing to partake in long term agricultural career and who have measurable experience in agribusiness.
- Interested candidates that are eligible for the competition will develop creative proposals that relate to agriculture by submitting their application online here.
1. First prize of Maximum of ₦5 Million
2. Second prize of Maximum of ₦1.5 Million
3. Third prize of Maximum of ₦1 Million
4. Technical support to establish an agribusiness enterprise, Support to participate in capacity building programmes such as:
A. Participation in a boot camp/internship programme;
B. Mentorship programme with an established agripreneur;
C. Automatic membership into the F4F alumni network;
D. Participation in Agriculture training programmes;
E. Attendance of agricultural forums, community of practice.